Bridges

NotACat

I could swear that the bridges we saw in Dale when the Mythgard Crew swept through so efficiently :D had a similar structure to the Brandywine Bridge. The aspect that caught my eye particularly was the metal bracing which almost looks like giant rusty towel-rails holding the thing together :cool:

When I first saw the Brandywine bridge, I thought it was a drawbridge, until I got up to it and took a closer look. I wonder if that's what they were originally going for.

You touched on this toward the end of this week's field trip, but one thing I thought might explain the unnavigable water under High King's Crossing is that the level of the lake is higher now than it was when the bridge was constructed. If you remember the city of Annuminous is partially under water now which means that the water level is higher due to a dam being placed at the outlet. I think the silt build up not only could explain the rapids before the bridge but also might explain why the water is so close to the bridge now.

Back