Catching up

Xagzan

Hi guys, I'm new here, just heard about this project on twitter. Really interested in this sort of mental exercise as it pertains to the Sil. Obviously I'm a bit late to the party, and I can see there have already been a bunch of episodes posted. I haven't caught up with everything yet, just done some brief looking around, but I wanted to ask a quick question. Broadly speaking, has it been settled what story each season should cover? I've had my own notions on that for a while, and I was curious how they match up to the official outline here, if there is one. For instance, Beren & Luthien as one season, is the sort of thing I mean.

Thanks for any info.

Welcome aboard!

So, we have not yet charted the content of each season, but I believe the general consensus is that Beren and Luthien will be a full season. At least.

So far we have completes two seasons. Season 1 took us from the Ainulindalë to the Chaining of Melkor and Season 2 took us from the Awakening at Cuiviénin to the Darkening of Valinor.

Ok, that's interesting, thanks. Sounds like you guys are taking a nice, slow burn approach. So based on that, I'm guessing season 3 would follow the Noldor's exile, and end perhaps with Maedhros' rescue and the establishment of the different Noldor realms in Beleriand?

If left up to me, the rescue of Maedhros would happen at the beginning of Season 4, but we'll see how it goes once Season 3 starts up again.

I'm a bit curious as to where you saw us on twitter, though.

Sorry for the double post, didn't know whether an edit would show notification.

I also wanted to ask if this is the right subforum for discussing these kinds of questions. I see one for costume, script, music, etc, but not clear which is for general outlines or story mapping. So I was wondering if this is where they get discussed.

General outlines are typically discussed on the Tolkien Professor podcast which can be found on iTunes, silmfilm.mythgard.org or on whatever podcast app you use.

Are we finished with season 2? I though i had read all scripts so far... ? It's really a bit hard to catch up and find everything.

Last podcast i listenrd to was the one about filmscores..

Somehow i had in mind that season 2 would end with the kinsöaying at alqalonde so i was waiting for the episode

They always complete the episodes before moving to more general stuff.

And there have, thus far, been thirteen episodes per season.

Back