Eagle sounds?

Wes

I think I am mostly just happy to be here--excited about catching up (finally!) on all the podcasts so far, and appreciating the audacity and fun of this project--and so I wanted to throw a question out there. Since I just listen to these sessions instead of watching live, I have been wondering: What's going on with the bird-of-prey sound effects? Do they come about at specific times, when you say some magic words, or are they generated totally randomly, or something in between? I'll try to come up with a better question next time, but this has just been niggling at me...

If you are referring to the occasional screech during the lectures, that would likely be the mighty "SignumU".

The Professor's character, usually called "Narnion" which means something like "Lore-guy", is—appropriately enough—a Lore-master and likes to summon his Eagle which he has named "SignumU". As is the way with such pets, every now and again it performs some random movement, which often as not is accompanied by a scream like you describe.

I don't know whether those of us who have been watching for a while really notice unless someone points it out :cool:

It might be that telling SignumU to "stay" might cut down on the racket, but I haven't tried with my own LM (who only has a Raven thus far anyway :p ) and I keep forgetting to suggest it to Corey when the chance crops up :oops:

Dude. You can tell your pets to stay? Do they obey? I had no idea!
It makes them stop where they are until you summon them to your side. They can either flash straight to you as if freshy summoned or you can make them walk the walk with their usual interesting approach to pathfinding :confused:

I did it as a joke while collecting Chicken Eggs at the Yule Festival on the grounds that the Chickens (who are all dudes rather than chicks, BTW, did you notice? o_O ) would not appreciate Biscuit—my Bog-Lurker—trampling through their compound. I don't recall whether I tried it with Rae—my Raven—so I don't know whether it affects the noises she might make while awaiting my summons :D

I shall investigate next time Yaulendil goes a-questing :cool:

Back