Hit a wall

I don't know if this is just cause I'm underequipped (I tend to just use whatever the best gearI pick up from quest rewards is. I never buy gear) or bad at the game or what but I've finally run out of low level quests to do and can't seem to make a dent in the on level ones. If anyone could use some Eglain rep most of my current quest log is centered on the ruins next to Ost Haer (whatever they're called) and is designed for level 30. I also have the "Heading West" Fellowship Quest back in the Great Barrow, which is level 24. character name is Billburroughs.

As you no doubt recall most of my characters are woefully undergeared and behind with their Questing because most of their progress has been via Crafting and Festivals, so I've got several who would like to sweep through the Lonelands even though they are over-levelled. One wrinkle is that they might not actually have made it far enough through the Epic Quest o_O so I might have to zoom someone through…which is hard when there's so much to get distracted by :eek:

The main wrinkle, as we found before, is the timezone mismatch. I've managed to get myself distracted by some other game (blame Everquest 1 & 2 and Runescape, which are ever so much fun :p) so I haven't been on LOTRO as regularly as I would have liked, so dropping a note here is just as likely to catch me! I shall enquire of my social secretary as to my availability the next few weekends…in other words, I shall check whether the Dad Taxi service is going to be called upon at awkward moments :rolleyes:

Do you know what stage you are at in the Epic Quests? Also have you been doing ALL the Side-Quests in the Lone Lands? If so you might have just landed on a paticularly hard quest. I assume you are doing the quest which involves the Wight if so I could always help. That being said I am a lvl 120 so I'll be way overpowered.

As you no doubt recall most of my characters are woefully undergeared and behind with their Questing because most of their progress has been via Crafting and Festivals, so I've got several who would like to sweep through the Lonelands even though they are over-levelled. One wrinkle is that they might not actually have made it far enough through the Epic Quest o_O so I might have to zoom someone through…which is hard when there's so much to get distracted by :eek:

The main wrinkle, as we found before, is the timezone mismatch. I've managed to get myself distracted by some other game (blame Everquest 1 & 2 and Runescape, which are ever so much fun :p) so I haven't been on LOTRO as regularly as I would have liked, so dropping a note here is just as likely to catch me! I shall enquire of my social secretary as to my availability the next few weekends…in other words, I shall check whether the Dad Taxi service is going to be called upon at awkward moments :rolleyes:

Ok, cool. I'm pretty free for now so just let me know when you want me to make myself available.

And yes, I always do all the quests in all the areas. The problem is that, for the first time, I've caught up to myself. I always plenty of lower level quests to do before and could wait to do any of them that were hard until I was sufficiently overpowered to get through them. At this point I've run out of Lone Lands quests that are below my current level (except for a couple of level 29 introduction quests, but I assume that the quest givers those lead me to will just dump more level 30 stuff on me). Also, it's not just that I keep dying/failing, it's that when I get to the specific mobs I'm supposed to take down for quests, I can make any kind of dent in their morale at all. That's why I thought I might be undergeared. As far as where I am in epic it's about the same place (i.e. level 30 stuff, Radagast has just sent me off to Garth Agarwen I think).

Back