Keep Helevorn (Caranthir's Fortress)

Happy to hear that :) I didn't get to listen live but I'll listen when it's uploaded, and I think I'll continue to work on those locations. With the post-production landing squarely in the stressy weeks before christmas the time wasn't really there for me personally xD

I will note that the final session of Season 4 - February 13th - will have the opportunity to showcase more artwork. So, while Thursday's session was limited to locations, any artwork people would like to provide can be included in that session (including any new location artwork). But also props, costumes, character designs, etc. So yes, please do continue to work on these, if you can!

I will note that the final session of Season 4 - February 13th - will have the opportunity to showcase more artwork. So, while Thursday's session was limited to locations, any artwork people would like to provide can be included in that session (including any new location artwork). But also props, costumes, character designs, etc. So yes, please do continue to work on these, if you can!
What do you mean by character designs?

I mean that if people want to submit their dragon artwork for Glaurung, they can do so. Or the eagles. Or Thuringwethil-disguised-as-a-Noldo. Or Galadriel and Celeborn's wedding outfits. Or Sauron-as-Angrod. Etc.

For some reason I wanted to to the reverse view of Keep Helevorn (cause that's where the big mountain is). So there you go :) This is more of a clammy, overcast midday sometime in late autumn. Also we see a bit later how the lake and the road are layed out. On the map of Beleriand Lake Helevorn is fairly oval, going from northeast to southwest. My Lake Helevorn has some more wrinkles, but generally also stretches out north - south from the foot of Mount Rerir. I just changed the exact shape & direction of it. I think the road goes up into the Ered Luin after the bridge, and on the other side (the one I drew before) it approaches from the west and northwest. I imagine those are the easiest ways to navigate over greater gelion in the north and to get around lake Helevorn. Perhaps later downstream there are a lot of steep gorges, so you either have to cross gelion here, or much farther south, were it is fordable. (about on the height of belegost/nogrod).

I assure you I'm not some weird person that's obsessed with Caranthir (could you choose a worse Fëanorian? curufin?) I just enjoy drawing mountain landscapes.

Last edited:
Back