No More Podcasts on iTunes?

Doc Singles

Am I understanding properly, that Exploring the Lord of the Rings (as well as the other podcasts) will no longer be uploaded to iTunes? Is there somewhere else I can download the podcast audio files? If not I suppose I must extract the audio from youtube or twitch videos... a bit of extra work but I'll do it!

Cheers-
Doc

Nicholas Palazzo

Am I understanding properly, that Exploring the Lord of the Rings (as well as the other podcasts) will no longer be uploaded to iTunes? Is there somewhere else I can download the podcast audio files? If not I suppose I must extract the audio from youtube or twitch videos... a bit of extra work but I'll do it!

Cheers-
Doc
The podcast is stored in an Amazon cloud, so you should be able to download it with any podcast app that isn't iTunes.

Phillip Menzies

Staff member
I think the message was that some of his older feeds were no longer being updated, specifically the itunes U feeds when Apple was right into the idea of online university courses being available to all. The regular Tolkien Professor podcast is continuing.

Doc Singles

Thanks Jim, but neither Chrome nor Firefox is able to interpret those page links (This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it ). I've been searching for podcast apps that would give me access to the podcasts stored in an Amazon cloud. I've discovered that Spotify has a dozen Exploring the Lord of the Rings podcasts that are categorized as songs, but they stop after episode 103. Any suggestions are appreciated!

Nicholas Palazzo

Thanks Jim, but neither Chrome nor Firefox is able to interpret those page links (This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it ). I've been searching for podcast apps that would give me access to the podcasts stored in an Amazon cloud. I've discovered that Spotify has a dozen Exploring the Lord of the Rings podcasts that are categorized as songs, but they stop after episode 103. Any suggestions are appreciated!
I've used both Podkicker and Podcast Addict and they seem to work fine.

NotACat

What I would like is a podcast service which works across Chrome and Kindle: I thought Stitcher would do the trick but they've discontinued Chrome support :eek: