Thranduil

Discussion in 'Season 4' started by Ange1e4e5, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Ange1e4e5

Ange1e4e5 Well-Known Member

Thranduil, a Sinda and King of the Woodland Elves of Mirkwood, is another supporting character from The Hobbit that is a belligerent in the events surrounding Erebor.

JJ Feild

I’ve been trying to get him a role in SilmFilm since I joined. He looks similar to Tom Hiddleston and even a bit with Lee Pace, who played Thranduil in The Hobbit.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0270625/
    Height: 6’1”
    Roles: Henry Tilney in Northanger Abbey (2007), Thax in Centurion, James Montgomery Falsworth in Captain America: The First Avenger, John Andre in Turn: Washington’s Spies

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
    Haerangil likes this.
  2. Faelivrin

Faelivrin Well-Known Member

With the exception of Gandalf, I don’t want to aim to reuse or even resemble actors from PH’s movies. I strongly want to avoid it.

3. Ange1e4e5

Do you have any recommendations?

4. Faelivrin

I don't know actors. I just do NOT want to copy or even resemble anything from PJ's hideous abominations.

Haerangil likes this.
  5. Haakon

Haakon Administrator Staff Member

Haerangil likes this.
  6. Ange1e4e5

The Lord of the Rings or The Hobbit?

7. Faelivrin

I abhor everything PJ did to my favorite author's work. I admit abomination was a bit strong a word.

8. Nicholas Palazzo

Nicholas Palazzo Well-Known Member

I am reminded of a time, some 25 years ago, when I was riding in a car with my friend's family. My friend was a girl of about 10-11, my age at the time. Her mother offered me a peanut butter and honey sandwich, which I rejected vehemently, saying how gross I thought the combination in no uncertain terms. When her mother offered her a sandwich, my friend turned her favorite sandwich down quietly, without saying much about it. When my mother heard about this, I heard no end of it, because I had severely hurt the feelings of my friend by disparaging something she loved. I'd say the opinions of the Jackson films that can be found on this board range from being similar to yours to a deep love. I myself am somewhere in the middle (though I generally gravitate towards your opinion on the Hobbit films). It's ok to say that you don't like something, and even to articulate why, but to state categorically that it is tripe can be taken as a criticism of the taste of an individual who likes that thing. This may not be what you meant, but it is certainly how my friend felt when I insulted her favorite lunch.

Ange1e4e5, Haakon and Faelivrin like this.
  9. Haakon

Haakon Administrator Staff Member