Trading ideas for second Age fanfic pt.2:The rise of the Nazgul

Haerangil

To continue this..

What i have collected for contuinuing the story... after several hundred years:

c.1400 years Pretty much everything happens on Numenor, main characters are, Tal-Elmar, a middle-man slave, The later Witch-King, his two associates, Amandil, his wife, a female druedain shaman, Sauron, maybe Morinehtar

• Númenóreans continue Tar-Minastirs work of protecting the northwestern coasts of Middle-Earth by a series of outposts and havens.
  • Tal-Elmar is brought to Númenor by then ship-captain Tindomul.
  • Tar-Ciryatan takes the Sceptre. Death of Tar-Minastir.
  • Númenoreans start to colonize the western coasts of Harad, they are recognized by many primitive tribes as gods, others are subdued and have to pay tribute or become slaves.
  • Ciryatan more and more begins to resent both the Elves and Valar for the ban to sail into the west.
  • The Valar send Emissaries to Numenor, they are rejected by Ciryatan.
  • A young numenorean captain assembles a small fleet and leaves for Middle-earth. He arrives at Umbar.Later goes to Barad-dûr.
  • A second numenorean nobleman goes to Middle-Earth.
  • The second Nobleman claims the throne of a far Harad colony rebelling against the King of Númenór.
  • Tal-Elmar goes to Eriador and later Rhovanion and the sea of Rhun?
  • Ascend of Tar-Atanamir, his politics are becoming openly hostile towards elves and Valar, the faithful begin to form, the Valar send emissaries to Númenor, Atanamir openly rejects them.
  • Morinehtar and Romestamo go to the Easterlings and try to win them over for resistance against Sauron, Sauron in disguise of Annatar also goes.They meet Prince Khamûl.
  • Numenorean Captain receives the first of the nine Rings of power.Khamûl accepts the second Ring.the young nobleman and his friend accept the third and fourth of the nine Rings.Khamuls friends accept 5,6, 7,8 and 9 of the nine rings. All of the nine make themselves Kings of mighty realms, independent from Númenor and the elves but secretly subject to Sauron.
  • Sauron distributes the remaining six rings among the dwarves, but their kings show strange resistance to their corrupting powers.
  • Tar-Atanamir refuses to give up his crown and dies a half-mad and sick old man.ascend of Tar-Ancalimon to the throne of Númenór, the Númenóreans are divided into two factions, friends and enemies of the Elves and the Valar.
  • Elven tongue is forsworn in Númenor by King's Men.The Nazgûl appear for the first time. Young Amandil.
  • 2,280 - Umbar is turned into a great fortress of Númenor.the umbarean Ringwraith flees to Mordor.
  • First of the Faithful start to settle on the mainland, they are greeted by Galadriel and Celeborn in Belfalas.
  • Drúedain start leaving Númenor.
  • Pelargir is built. It becomes the chief haven of the Faithful Númenórean
  • Northmen become allies of the fairhful
  • Messengers of the Valar come to Númenor
  • Death of Ar-Sakalthôr; Ar-Gimilzôr takes the Sceptre. 3,117 - Birth of Tar-Míriel; Elves no longer permitted entrance to Númenor; Elven tongue forbidden in Númenor.
  • 3,119 - Birth of Valandil Amandilion and Elendil the Tall.
Other characters: Herendil friend of Isildur, Poldor trusted servant of Amandil, wife of Amandil, female leader of the Druedain ,messengers of the Valar (the other three Istari?Melian?), Cirdan, reincarnate Thuringwethil as sauron's messenger?, Lug a legless Demon-Or as Sauron's warlord?

Last edited:
For the later story i again would chose a human as main POV character... this time i'd like to recycle Tal-Elmar who will be brought to Numenor (maybe by the future witch-king) so we will experience the üolitical,intrigue on Numenor through the eyes of a lesser man.He may later actually come back to Middle-earth and may accompany the Blue Wizards...

Do we need to keep this in two threads or could we combine them? Only thinking, I’ve pitched some witch king and Two Blue in other thread? Love some of the concepts here though

I fear it would get too much very soon... so,i propose to split the 2nd age into logical divisions storywise... like an anthology .

Back