Which world is more detailed/faithful, LOTRO or ArdaCraft?

Johannes

As we all know, the developers of LOTRO has really put a huge effort in to being as faithful to the book as possible, but is it really the most detailed/faithful representation of Tolkien's world available?

Have you seen ArdaCraft? From their front page:

ArdaCraft seeks to recreate J.R.R. Tolkien's Middle-earth in one of the largest and most detailed Minecraft maps ever created.

Here is a link to their Reddit page, which has a bunch of pictures, videos and also a map that shows how far they have come with the project. https://www.reddit.com/r/ArdaCraft/

So, which do you think is more detailed and faithful to the book, LOTRO or AdraCraft?

I apologize if this has already been discussed before, but I couldn't find any mention of it in the forums.

Last edited:
I am impressed!

As far as i can say Ardacraft if far less scaled-down than LOTRO... lotro is all in all "only" as big as a small greek island in comparoson to all of the westlands which have roughly the scale of europe..

Also ardacraft seems to reproduce christopher tolkiens map more faithful, LOTRO took many liberties, which are of course owned to gameplay.

However , when i compare Isengard and Caras Galadhon on both maps, even Ardacraft seems much reduced in scale... probably it isn't much larger than LOTRO actually...

They were a bit less faithful with vegetation, and could have added some more rivers i think, but that is all for criticism, still an amazing project! And they seem to have made up settlements and places of their own -which i am very interested in!

At home i have my own personal Middle-earth map and anytime i find maps on the web with more, unknown details i try to work them in if possible...

USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1544616138940.jpg_1544616147458-1.jpg
Of course a bigger, more detailed map would be far cooler, perhaps i'll rework it on my computer one day...
So i'm always very interested in Arda worldbuilding projects

Back