Amazon series: reactions to news and rumours. (Spoiler alert!)

It still is art. But there is such a thing like "bad art".you know like craft. You wanna get something done on your house and hire a craftsman, but he doesn't fix it, he breaks more things. Bad craftsmanship.

Still logical inconsistencies in a movie's plot - to an extent that "anything goes" - a perceived randomness - are imho beyond a question of "mere art".

True. It could be Dadaist, though :p But clearly that's not what we signed up for. I'm waiting with interest to see how it's resolved, if at all (only watched up to Ep5 at the moment).

True. It could be Dadaist, though :p But clearly that's not what we signed up for. I'm waiting with interest to see how it's resolved, if at all (only watched up to Ep5 at the moment).
A dadaist fantasy story I could get behind from time to time - but not necessary with Tolkien.

Last edited:
It still is art. But there is such a thing like "bad art".you know like craft. You wanna get something done on your house and hire a craftsman, but he doesn't fix it, he breaks more things. Bad craftsmanship.
I was going to say that I prefer the term 'art with underdeveloped technique'. Bad implies a binary which I don't think truly applies to art. But you can create art and have mastered certain basic techniques which show in the final work. But a parent can still love a pasta collage done by their child without irony. It isn't bad it just lacks technique.

I'm not sure I agree with all the assessments of this particular work. But I wanted to wade in on the topic of art in the broad sense.

No, because Dadaism does what it does with an intention. Or rather untention to be dada. In my city there was a very notorious woman who did like to paint, it was not she was completely talentless but she painted more or less on the level of a starter of a community college course.Yet she seemingly was quite well to do and could afford renting a whole store window where she displayed her dilletantic paintings and advertised herself as "the towns greatest painter". That would have been a genius Dadaist performance, but sadly it was not intended as dadaism but she honestly was very fond of her work and convinced to be some kind of Gustave Courbet .

Children are always natural art geniuses, until school teaches them to be bad artists.

Last edited:
Back