Azaghâl

Haakon

Administrator
Staff member
The lord of the Broadbeams. The discussion suggested actors of Spanish, Italian or Middle-eastern origin.

Enormous sideburns and elaborate moustaches are not necessary at this time, but will have to be imagined on the actors unless they happen to appear out of luck.

I have suggested Javier Bardem earlier, and I think he could be a great Azaghâl.

upload_2017-11-6_12-37-54.jpegupload_2017-11-6_12-38-19.jpeg

The Lord of Belegost has to be a likeable character, and not just because he dies. He is going to be good at forming alliances, a formidable warrior, and a quintessential dwarf. He should have a very forceful personality and be larger than life. A wise and generous king, and a well-loved leader.

Not sure I have any good ideas yet. Jeffrey Dean Morgan? But less psycho than Neegan, obviously.

I'd say Peter Mullen would be a nice fit. He has both a roughness and a warmth to him, and I'd like to see him is a commanding role as this one. If you want to see him in something, Gunpowder on HBO is something to watch. He's really good there.

cq5dam.web.1200.675.jpeg

I definitely want to keep Peter Mullen on tap for "eminently likable dwarf character", but considering I think the idea for Broadbeams-as-Italians was vaguely based on some of my ramblings, I think I prefer Ruffalo so far. Not to get too much into his, ah, other projects, but he'd walk onto set with instant good-will from the audience.

Completely arbitrarily, lol.

Again, not set in stone at all. We -- or at least I, and some here seem to agree -- don't want all the dwarves to be pale with Scottish accents. There seems to be a decent consensus that the Longbeards be Nordic in origin, and it seems hard to depict the Firebeards as anything other than redheads and therefore Celtic, but otherwise...

Peter Mullan is fantastic! We definitely have to include him somewhere. I have to post this picture, I'm not sure what he's doing here, I haven't seen this particular movie, but still:
images

not every celt was redhaired, not every redhead is a celt :)

I merely supposed to model both Ered Luin Cultures a bit after the Celts and Finns - because, well, why not?

I think both Broadbeams and Firebeards can have brown hair, but the redhaired should all be Firebeards, while the Broadbeams can have black hair.

or the broadbeams could actually look a bit different in comparison to the firebeards... they could be a bit more "broad in the beam"..

Back