Eol

i love eols character so much!

as a smith he could be tatyar-avari, related to the noldor, but alienated from them. he also could be sinda, but maybe he's just of mixed descend half avar-half sinda and that's why he feels he doesn't truly belong anywhere.

he definitely should be a goid friend of fangluin, bodruith,naugladur,telchar and gamil zirak and could appear in scenes dealing with the dwarves...

i'd also love him to have one or two sidekicks... one could recycle ufedhin , narthseg or blodrim from lost tales for example..

Our version of Eöl is present at Cuiviénen, so he is very much Avari. He could be Tatyar-Avari or Nelyar-Avari or a mix (one parent of each). I don't think he's going to have many friends among the elves - he's a loner. But yes, he can be our 'in' for visiting the dwarves in their halls and meeting Telchar and all of that.

yes my post was meant to be an agreeing comment to the posts before.

tatya-avar-noldo, nelya-avar-sinda... those are quite technical nuances... what makes him an avar is his choice at the first sundering... if he's a late arriver in beleriand the difference between him and one of the umanyar are just a few hundred years... almost nothing to the time experience of an elf.

Back