Firth of Drengist and Cirith Ninniach

Haakon

Administrator
Staff member
The Firth of Drengist is a small bay between Lammoth and Nevrast that breaks through the Ered Lómin and turns into the narrow, rocky pass of Cirith Ninniach. Could it be something like this? (Norwegian fjords)
norwegian-fjord-plain-820x532.jpg

images

06_Norway_pre_590x482.jpg

(Faroe Islands):
narrow-bay-on-the-faroe-islands-picture-id639850912

I like norwegian fjords... But maybe a winter landscape? Its so close to dor daedeloth and morgoths icy realm..

Well it should definitely be partly a winter landscape, but since the Noldor settle close to it I feel it shouldn't be too snowy.

right. How snowy do we envision Hithlum to be? I think southern Hithlum or Dor lomin and Mithrim should be more hospitable, like the nicer parts of Skandinavia (but still the Easterlings feel betrayed when the land is given to them, so it can't have been too nice either), while the North of Dor Lomin should be more inhospitable. The Region of drengist would lie in between... but i think itself should be rather inhospitable and sad. Hithlum and Mithrim is where men and Elves settle... Nevrast and Lammoth do not seem to have been settled or only have been very thinly populated.

But I think Morgoth#s moods would directly influence the weather in Northern Beleriand... when he#s under siege and weakened the winters might be shorter and more lush while they become longer and more pressing when he#s enraged, growing stronger or going into the offensive...

Last edited:
I think of Hithlum as something like the Scottish Highland. We can start a new thread about it. :)

Back