Notes for the Hosts of the Silmarillion Film Project Podcast

MithLuin

Consider this thread an "Exec's Mailbag"!

On this thread, you are welcome to post a message that you would like to be passed along to the Hosts prior to a Silm Film broadcast. This message should be of a reasonable length (say, one paragraph) and convey something that you think it important be addressed on the broadcast during the upcoming session.

I will then copy your message verbatim, attach your name to it, and pass it along to the Hosts with the notes and powerpoint sessions that I prepare. Therefore, anything posted after Wednesday may be too late to be included with that week's session.

Please note that there is a 'one message per person per session' limit.

No comments or responses to other's messages are allowed on this thread. Any comments will be considered off-topic and will be deleted. This is one-way communication with the Hosts (Corey, Trish, and Dave). It is not a discussion thread.

I hope this option will help alleviate some of the frustration of those who are not always able to participate live in a Silm Film session. Obviously, it will be up to the Hosts to choose how or when they wish to respond, but I can at least make sure they see your message.

Thank you all!

Nicholas Palazzo

There are some things about S4E2 that concern me, but the biggest one is the abdication of Maedhros. If he does it too early in the episode, where do we go from there? What climax does that put us on a path towards? If it is too late, everything else is kinda waiting in the wings.

Ange1e4e5

What are the Noldor's, particularly the Fingolfinians' means of production before trade is established with the Feanoreans or the Sindar? Foraging? Pastoralism (mobile herding)? Horticulture? Agriculture? They'll need to survive for an extended period of time and we'll to make sure they don't burn out all the resources in the area.

Last edited:

Ange1e4e5

Is it possible to speed things up? I don’t mean to be rude, but we’re supposed to be doing two episodes a session and for the last few, we’ve been doing only one.

Haerangil

I'm actually a bit disappointed at the moment...
while i do not share Faelivrin's harsh words of judgement i too feel that the execs are moving more into a direction that gives the project and the people involved unecessary restrictions instead of motivating and supporting their work.It's become a bit frustrating because this is a shared project of many hands and minds and i think the execs should inspire and council these instead of discourage and limit them.