Amazon series: reactions to news and rumours. (Spoiler alert!)

Do not understand the sitting arangement in the first picture, neither Gil-Galad crowning his great-aunt, the elf in the 3. picture has nothing from the "people of the stars" about him, love the dwarven couple, the Harfoots' photo is acceptable, even if it reminds me a little too much of German folk dances, Gil-Galad I like better here than in the Jackson movies (there he was much too old) but would much better prefer living golden leaves on his head - those remind me too much of the Roman Empire.

Last edited:
Except for: the male elves weird pompadour hair! Not because i think elves cannot have somewhat shorter hair but because it reminds me of Tommy Stone or certain american politicians...
It's also pretty midern, originating in 18th century france... a weird aesthetic choice!

Except for: the male elves weird pompadour hair! Not because i think elves cannot have somewhat shorter hair but because it reminds me of Tommy Stone or certain american politicians...
It's also pretty midern, originating in 18th century france... a weird aesthetic choice!

Maybe the French were just copying ancient Noldor traditions.

It’s fascinating that Amazon are releasing pictures of Elves, Dwarves and Harfoots - but no humans! The ‘crowning’ image looks pretty much straight out of my own imagining of what Noldor kings and nobility might look like (it ‘reminds’ me of Turgon and the lords of Gondolin in my minds eye).

Regardig elvish hair lenght - there is a quote I was given in a youtube discussion which I want to share:

"The elvish folk were passing bowls from hand to hand and across the fires, and some were harping and many were singing. Their gleaming hair was twined with flowers; green and white gems glinted on their collars and their belts; and their faces and their songs were filled with mirth. Loud and clear and fair were those songs, and out stepped Thorin into their midst." The Hobbit, Flies and Spiders

A certain hair lenght is necessary to be able to twine hair with flowers. Somebody able to figure this out?

Collar-length would be plenty long to accomplish that. If you can put a braid in hair, you can twine flowers in it. So, no 'high and tight' haircuts there, but the male elven hair depicted in the Amazon stills is long enough to twine flowers in.

Collar-length would be plenty long to accomplish that. If you can put a braid in hair, you can twine flowers in it. So, no 'high and tight' haircuts there, but the male elven hair depicted in the Amazon stills is long enough to twine flowers in.

Could one braid Celebimbor's or Elrond's hair from the Rings of Power photos? When mine were this short long ago they were yet unbraidable?

Even shorter hair can be intertwined with flowers that way...
I always took saeros quote in doriath in a way his people liked to be well groomed and have their hair orderly cut, anything from shoulder to neck or chin length possible. Very short hair i'd personally only expect from thralls, or extremely pious , modest folk.

Last edited:
Define twine then! I know my hair is not shoulder length but i definitely know a former girlfriend twined daisies in it... no idea how silly it looked though.

But it might work easier with locks or curly hair in contrast to straighter hair.

Last edited:
Define twine then! I know my hair is not shoulder length bit i definitely know a former girlfriend twined daisies in it... no idea how silly it looked though.

But it might work easier with locks or curly hair in contrast to straighter hair.

Would the arrangement potentially hold its place during a whole merry party in Mirkwood (escaping some dwarves and a hobbit excluded)?

Depends if you use ONLY the flowers themselves or maybe ribbons , threads, cords, clips...
It was definitely not intended for headbanging, but for ethereal fairy dances, i guess it would hold.

Yeah, i quite like these orcs...
They look like scavengers though, not an army. But if these are still 1st age survirvors it's okay...
Again, time compression is a serious issue.not a fan.

Back