Annael

Haakon

Administrator
Staff member
The idea is that this Sinda is initially with Círdan's people, and is a messenger delivering news to Thingol from Drengist. Later on he will live in Mithrim and after the Nirnaeth Arnoediad he becomes Tuor's foster-father in the caves of Androth. He's a bit of a leader and certainly a survivor. We have talked about him saying that he should be a bit wild. Somewhat rough, I imagine.
Just throwing in some faces, Oscar Isaac and Clive Standen:

index.php
upload_2018-4-4_11-36-28.jpeg

The idea is that this Sinda is initially with Círdan's people, and is a messenger delivering news to Thingol from Drengist. Later on he will live in Mithrim and after the Nirnaeth Arnoediad he becomes Tuor's foster-father in the caves of Androth. He's a bit of a leader and certainly a survivor. We have talked about him saying that he should be a bit wild. Somewhat rough, I imagine.
Just throwing in some faces, Oscar Isaac and Clive Standen:

index.php
View attachment 1613
Considering Chris Hemsworth is my current head-canon favorite for Tuor, I kind of love the idea of having Poe Dameron foster Thor.

For such a blank slate character, I would prefer that we cast someone who looks the part. There is no need to talk about CGI in this case.

I thi k we could cast an actor who is about the same age as the ones who play ingwe, thingol, eol or finwe... but not much older

Well, that would be between 46 (Thingol) and 55 (Ingwë)...so Coster-Waldau being 47 should be ok.

As a heads up, Annael is likely not to have any lines this season. He may very well be in the group of elves with Círdan and Celeborn, but all of the speaking lines will be given to those two. We had considered making him a messenger to Thingol, but that message will not be sent until Season 4, it looks like.

As a heads up, Annael is likely not to have any lines this season. He may very well be in the group of elves with Círdan and Celeborn, but all of the speaking lines will be given to those two. We had considered making him a messenger to Thingol, but that message will not be sent until Season 4, it looks like.
So maybe we pause this casting then.

I think Oscar Isaac would be wasted on this role. Annael is an important but a bit small character. I suggest we save Isaac for someone else. I mean, he’d be a great Numenorean, right?

Back