Haleth

Haakon

Administrator
Staff member
The people of Haleth are described in a separate thread already. They're supposed to be short and have dark hair. The execs want Haleth to be tall though. We still have to make her appearance make sense, to make her look like she's of the same kind as the ones who are a bit shorter. We also have to discuss what kind of height we think is needed. I'm going to throw in a couple of names to start this off.

Gal Gadot: Certainly tall (5'10") and very much an amazon. IMDB
In her case, if she'd be cast as Haleth, I for one would perhaps wonder if she came from a different people, if they are much shorter. Or maybe it's something else that makes me hesitate. I'm not against the idea of her as Haleth though.
1590128928525.png

Jennifer Lawrence: Also tall (5'9"). IMDB
Somehow she'd make more sense to me, I'm not sure why. Maybe it's about the associations to the famous characters they've played that affects the issue here. I think I want more of a Katniss than a Wonder Woman. I want the odds to be against her, or we'd downplay her heroic deeds.
1590129206951.png

Ok so I'm not saying these are ideal suggestions, but it's a start.

Oh just so we agree on what is tall and what isn't: the average height of women is somewhere between 5'4" and 5'7". So anywhere from 5'7" and up should be tall enough. I know, we've been through this a few times, some people will say, forget about height - and personally, I find that we talk about height perhaps a little too often, but here I am...
World height statistics

A less famous actress would perhaps be a better idea than the ones I suggested above. Perhaps Caity Lotz? IMDB
She's just 5'6", maybe that's too short? And I guess she'd have to dye her hair.

I haven't seen her acting.
1590138400665.png1590138474322.png

Oh just so we agree on what is tall and what isn't: the average height of women is somewhere between 5'4" and 5'7". So anywhere from 5'7" and up should be tall enough. I know, we've been through this a few times, some people will say, forget about height - and personally, I find that we talk about height perhaps a little too often, but here I am...
World height statistics
In this case, I think talking about height is warranted since this is one of the characteristics the Hosts have established for Haleth, and we need to establish a ceiling for characters from that house. For example, maybe Brandir would be somewhere around Haleth’s height if he wasn’t on a crooked leg, which would still make him noticeably shorter than a more imposing figure like Turin.

I really like Maslany. What acting experience do they have?

They're shorter than average, as opposed to being tall, which is what we're supposed to look for. .
I mainly recognize Hildebrand from the X-Men film series where she plays Negasonic Teenage Warhead in the Deadpool films.

She also plays half of a serial killer duo in Tragedy Girls (do not recommend).

I mainly recognize Hildebrand from the X-Men film series where she plays Negasonic Teenage Warhead.

She also plays half of a serial killer duo in Tragedy Girls (do not recommend).
She doesn't look like Haleth to me, I have to admit. Too small and thin, imho. I guess one could use different strategies to kill a big supernatural cat, but I have a hard time seeing her killing Tevildo. Besides, she falls into the "Arya"-category, I think (which the execs don't want).

She doesn't look like Haleth to me, I have to admit. Too small and thin, imho. I guess one could use different strategies to kill a big supernatural cat, but I have a hard time seeing her killing Tevildo. Besides, she falls into the "Arya"-category, I think (which the execs don't want).
Well, Haleth being tall didn’t make me think of Haleth either. My choices for Haleth were actresses like Maisie Williams or Zoe Kravitz.

Speaking of Zoe Kravitz, there's also one of her costars from the Divergent series; Shailene Woodley's 5'8".
divergent-tris-shailene-woodley.jpg

To me, the height issue isn’t that important, although I want to keep that in mind since the execs clearly expressed that wish. It is important to me though that Haleth looks like a fighter, which none of those suggestions actually do, in my opinion.

Recommending Haleth to be tall was a no-brainer IMHO. It's such an easy decision, she is a fighter, she is proud... she needs to be tall ! It's actually a bit silly...She should be a small, dark woman.Thats what the Haladin are described as.

Like corey wanting the Haladin to be modeled after the Vikings - doesn't make any sense at all!By the way i think we would want our "Human cast" to contrast with our elves .

About my recomendations...
Tatiana Maslany was in Orphan black where she played a dozen of clone-women... shes one of the most talented actresses i have ever seen, and one of the clone sisters is a psychopathic killer.

About Brianna Hildebrand... i haven't seen her marvel movies, but i saw her in the exorcist tv series where she played a very moody girl... i think she has an interesting look and presence. To me the decision would he rather : do we want a very young or a somewhat older Haleth?

Btw. Zoe Kravitz and Maisie Williams i also like.

Last edited:
Recommending Haleth to be tall was a no-brainer IMHO. It's such an easy decision, she is a fighter, she is proud... she needs to be tall ! It's actually a bit silly...She should be a small, dark woman.Thats what the Haladin are described as.

Like corey wanting the Haladin to be modeled after the Vikings - doesn't make any sense at all!

About my recomendations...
Tatiana Maslany was in Orphan black wherecshe played a dozen of clone-women... shes one of the most talented actresses i have ever seen, and obe of the clone sisters is a psychopathic killer.

About Brianna Hildebrand... i haven't seen her marvel movies, but i saw her in the exorcist tv series where she played a very moody girl... i think she has an interesting look and presence. To me the decision would he rather : do we want a very young or a somewhat older Haleth?

Btw. Zoe Kravitz and Maisie Williams i also like.
Depends. The encounter where she tells Caranthir to stuff it is when she's in her thirties.

Back