New profile posts

Thank you Sparrow for sharing Setupminimal's new Twitch broadcast, Let's Make a Language, earlier on Writer's Space. I'm already 40mins into it and I can tell it is going to be a favorite. Thank you!!
The mysterious machine in ep 193 of Exploring the Lord of the Rings, looks like part of a rope-walk to me.
Looking through the casting nominations we've done, I'm struck by a number of faces that return again and again. Will we ever find a role for Oscar Isaac (who didn't get to play Melkor, Mandos, Fingolfin, Fingon or Barahir, for example) or for Krysten Ritter, Eddie Redmayne, Edward Norton, Kaya Scodelario and the others?
MithLuin
MithLuin
Perhaps we just haven't found the right role; perhaps some people don't think these 'look' like Tolkien characters.....
Ange1e4e5
Ange1e4e5
In that case, what qualifies as a 'look' for Tolkien characters?
Haakon
Haakon
They have been nominated multiple times, which probably means that some people (myself included) are of the opinion that they have the right look, or at least thought so at the time they nominated them. A few of them - I guess - haven't been chosen because they are too well liked, voters want them for some bigger role or a specific role.
I have gone through all of the casting nominations (S1-5) and edited all those who were chosen, adding "EDIT: WAS CHOSEN; OK BY EXECS"
Reactions: MithLuin
MithLuin
MithLuin
That will be very helpful moving forward!
Reactions: Haakon
Haakon
Haakon
In the wonderful joy of feeling good about adding helpful structure, I also started an editing spree to add comments on nominations showing that a certain actor or actress were chosen to play some other role, at the time or later. It’s pure madness, I know.
I took a look at the casting votes that have come in so far. We have some close calls, so if you want to make a difference, cast your votes!
Reactions: MithLuin
MithLuin
MithLuin
I gave a reminder about casting at Mythmoot today, so hopefully there are some folks who are interested.
Reactions: Haakon
Haakon
Haakon
Yeah thanks, something happened.
What? An anime about the Rohirrim?
amysrevenge
amysrevenge
Yeah I saw this. Not going to try to dive too deep before it is viewable. Ready to be entertained.
Haakon
Haakon
I’m generally positive to this kind of thing. I’m a bit surprised though
Ange1e4e5
Ange1e4e5
Funnily enough Topcraft, the animation studio that animated the 1977 Hobbit film, was a precursor to Studio Ghibli.
Casting nominations have closed! Please be patient, I will post a link to the voting poll in a few days.
Ok about CASTING NOMINATIONS: All characters have at least one nomination at this point. But we need a little more than ten (11-12?) nominees to give every character at least three alternatives. Please nominate! We have just a few days more.
Looks like we’ll need something like another 25 nominations for our casting before we can do voting. Keep them coming, people! Just look closely at the instructions before posting. Thanks!