Amazon series: reactions to news and rumours. (Spoiler alert!)

Could it be character posters with the faces? The One Ring net on Twitter seems to hint that there’s going to be a reveal of them.
Oh but Vanity Fair implies pictures of sets…?!

Last edited:
My spontaneous first takeaway is ‘Aha, they will compress time’. I’m fine with that. Also: wow the antlers those guys are carrying around…!?
At first I thought they were guys representing giant moose, like in the Hobbit, but they are actually costumed and described as "hunters" so wow.

The time compression was inevitable, honestly.

And they are having a human/elf romance, which you kind of expect anyways as well.

Going off the official images, it seems to confirm that 1=Disa, 2=Durin, 3=Galadriel, 5=Elrond, 6=Bronwyn, 8=Arondir

The look on Durin is the one I like the least to be honest. I hope it’ll be possible to take him seriously.

I’m curious about Celeborn. Where is he? And Celebrian!

The look on Durin is the one I like the least to be honest. I hope it’ll be possible to take him seriously.

I’m curious about Celeborn. Where is he? And Celebrian!

With Elrond as a youth I do hope Celebrian is not a baby yet to be conceived.

It will be as far removed from the books as the jackson films, which was to be expected.

Most of the pictures look really good, i love that ranger character!
I am really curious how their storybuilding will be...

Ooph! Arondir is an elf? Fascinating... i really hope they make him one of the Avari! Also nice the dwarfqueen gets a new look which is different from the western houses we have seen so far...

I generally like the hunter-nomads... they remind me of horned morris-dancers or abbotbromley antler-dancers athough... those moose-tjings look far too big and heavy for humans to carry... i fear i get hobbit bofa vibes here!

Given this compression (which I agree is necessary for the series to work as a series), it will be interesting to see how the elf characters interact with what is happening. After all, many of them have been around for centuries and were fighting in the last war against Morgoth. Things are going to develop fairly rapidly from that perspective. On the other hand, the Silmarillion also had a fairly compressed timeline once the Noldor returned to Middle-Earth and the sun rose - at least in comparison with the second and third ages. I like the cross-cultural interactions— we know that Elves and humans can fall in love with each other, after all.

Back