Characters to Cast

Discussion in 'Season 3' started by Ange1e4e5, Aug 25, 2017.

1. Haakon

Haakon Well-Known Member

Ok I just think we have to introduce Annael quite early on, long before any of the Men arrive. But I guess he could be with Beleg when they encounter the proto-orcs. Or maybe in a scene next season.

2. Haerangil

Haerangil Well-Known Member

Well... rationalised we introduce a lot of characters at a later time, even if they were supposed to have been there earlier. I mean - should not Mahtan have been there at Cuivienen? Or Annael... shouldn't he have been already there at Cuivienen or the great wandering? Ecthelion, Glorfindel, Enerdhil, Pengolodh, Gildor, Turgon, Aranwe... they all would already have been around at Valinor... appearing somewhere in the background I guess :)

I'm not arguing against your suggestion to introduce Annael, don't get me wrong here!

I just have the impression that Annael is sort of a hermit or loner with his small family... a Chief, but in a different way than Cirdan and thingol are. I have the impression that Annael's clan is way more archaic or tribal...

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
  3. Haakon

Haakon Well-Known Member

I understand, and I think I agree - but still, Annael could have met Beleg on Beleg's scouting trip to the northern parts of Beleriand, and could accompany him when the encounter with the proto-orcs occur. If he's more archaic or tribal, and still reacts to the beastly nature of the proto orcs, that really signals how bad those are.

Haerangil likes this.
  4. Haerangil

Haerangil Well-Known Member

In wilderness a guy like Annael would be our man! And Belegs and Mablungs...

I just don't see him comfortable at Thingol's or Cirdan's Court that's all.

Haakon likes this.
  5. Haakon

Haakon Well-Known Member

Great, I put in a note about him in the episode outline.