Feanor

Should we go ahead and discuss casting a young/child Feanor? It seems the discussion thread has pretty much set in stone we'll see him quite young.

I know absolutely jack about young actors, however, so I have nothing to help get the ball rolling.

I'll do some research. It'll be based on the idea of three versions of Fëanor: 1) a child, about ten years old (probably not included in casting process), 2) young Fëanor, who will be played by an actor around 20 years old (or a teenager if we can find one), and 3) adult Fëanor, played by Richard Armitage (as a start).

Alright, so... What about Tom Holland? http://www.imdb.com/name/nm4043618/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1We would have to use makeup and hair colour.
upload_2016-9-28_8-35-35.jpeg
71c32816cc07eea5f7c08f904856a806.jpg
images
images

I like that he's likeable - people could really take this young man who loses his mother to their hearts. Also, he's got so much of a teenager in him. This will make the transition to an older, more mature Fëanor less strange.

For the 20-year old Feanor, I might suggest Bill Milner, who played the young Erik Lehnsherr in X-Men: First Class.
MV5BMTU0MzgwMDQ0N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODUxMDQyNzE@._V1_UY317_CR20,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Keep in mind that even this guy will be like 60 years when the cameras start shooting. But I can see that a grandchild of his might be suited.

Look, we're not thinking cameras will begin shooting twenty or forty years from now. That would make the whole idea of casting totally pointless. Cameras start as soon as possible, as we move along, season by season.

I think we all know that even if this magically became a thing, our opinions on casting will not be the determining factor. This part, more than any other, would have trouble moving from hypothetical to reality.

Another suggestion for the adult Feanor: Dominic Cooper, who has played John Willoughby in Sense and Sensibility (2008), Young Howard Stark in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Jesse Custer in Preacher, and Latif Yahia/Uday Hussein in The Devil's Double. He can play dark, charismatic characters quite well.

Cooper as John Willoughby
polls_webman_2_1318_106345_answer_4_xlarge.jpeg

Not a bad suggestion at all but I'd rather see him as one of the 3rd generation. For one thing, Armitage is much taller.

Oh sorry! (I was thinking about Fëanor since this is the thread about him) Well... Fingon? One of the sons of Fëanor? Or maybe save him for Celebrimbor or someone else.

Back