NEW Schedule for Silm Film!

Faelivrin

So for those who can't participate at all anymore, what are we supposed to do? At least two of us (NotACat and I) also can't even watch the recordings afterwards.

Last edited:

MithLuin

For those who are not sure where to find the recorded podcasts, I provide the following links.

Sessions 3-17 of Season 4 are available on Twitch here:
https://www.twitch.tv/signumu/videos?filter=all&sort=time

Whatever was making the videos disappear after a limited time has been changed, and everything Silm Film from Season 4 Session 3 onward is currently available on twitch as video, including today's session. If someone finds that a video is missing, please let Corey know so that can be fixed.

The videos are also uploaded to Signum U's YouTube channel, and can be found here:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLasMbZ4s5vIUVaZafURX-tAZ1arKCVoNc

I note that last week's session is already uploaded, so it looks like the turn-around is much faster than it used to be. Hopefully, that will continue to be the case, and if not, we can bring it to Corey's attention and see if there is anything that can be done about it. I honestly don't know who is responsible for editing the videos and posting them on YouTube for Signum.

I have downloaded YouTube videos to be able to watch them later when there was no internet connection. I could then play them back in VLC (a free download). But that was in 2012, and the site I used is gone. Presumably, there are other options out there for doing that? Obviously, I do not encourage anyone to rip Signum U's videos and repost them elsewhere without permission. But just to download them to your own device so you can watch them is probably a thing that can be done. Does anyone have any recommendations on how to do that?

The new time is 12 hours before the old time, and the twitch recording will be available immediately after the podcast finishes. So, theoretically, those who were able to participate live before will be able to listen to the podcast at the same time they always did, just no longer live. I realize that in practice that may not work out for everyone, and that listening asynchronously is NOT the same as participating live.

I know this will be an adjustment for everyone, and I'm sorry that this time change will make the live broadcasts inaccessible to some :(

Last edited:

Faelivrin

I do appreciate your efforts to find a way to make this less awful. But what about folks like NotACat and I who simply do not have the time to watch the podcasts we missed? I just barely had 2.5 hours before work, but even though I changed my work schedule in part to accomodate the podcasts, I still only have 2.5 hours at best, I simply now also have time to get ready for work in the morning. I have 5 whole hours.... maybe once a month, if I'm very lucky. With me already several podcasts behind (I don't know how many, probably a large number), and a new one being broadcast every 1-2 weeks, I would just keep getting further behind no matter what I did.

And without joining live it's even more difficult to bring concerns to the Hosts and be listened to at all.

I do have the VLC player. I do not know how to download YouTube videos or to listen to podcasts as podcasts.
Edit: At this time I can't load even a 5-minute YouTube clip, even when other websites seem to work.

As it is, trying to get caught up on over a month (two months?) of forum threads and script outlines that I missed would take a very, very long time.:(

Last edited:

Nicholas Palazzo

I do appreciate your efforts to find a way to make this less awful. But what about folks like NotACat and I who simply do not have the time to watch the podcasts we missed? I just barely had 2.5 hours before work, but even though I changed my work schedule in part to accomodate the podcasts, I still only have 2.5 hours at best, I simply now also have time to get ready for work in the morning. I have 5 whole hours.... maybe once a month, if I'm very lucky. With me already several podcasts behind (I don't know how many, probably a large number), and a new one being broadcast every 1-2 weeks, I would just keep getting further behind no matter what I did.

And without joining live it's even more difficult to bring concerns to the Hosts and be listened to at all.

I do have the VLC player. I do not know how to download YouTube videos or to listen to podcasts as podcasts.
Edit: At this time I can't load even a 5-minute YouTube clip, even when other websites seem to work.

As it is, trying to get caught up on over a month (two months?) of forum threads and script outlines that I missed would take a very, very long time.:(
So pretty much any phone either has or can have a podcast app. iPhones have one built in, while Android devices have a slew of them available. I've used both Podkicker and Podcast Addict, and they've worked very well. All of them have search functions, and one can also download the feed to listen offline. This enables me to listen while driving, doing laundry, mowing the lawn, and so on.

Chris Stevens

So pretty much any phone either has or can have a podcast app. iPhones have one built in, while Android devices have a slew of them available. I've used both Podkicker and Podcast Addict, and they've worked very well. All of them have search functions, and one can also download the feed to listen offline. This enables me to listen while driving, doing laundry, mowing the lawn, and so on.
I use an Android App called Doubletwist. Pretty solid, simple app.